[thelist] User perception Permanent Logons

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 12:30:52 CST 2004

--- Sarah Sweeney <mr.sanders at designshift.com> wrote:

> > How often do your content managers need to access this system
> Sarah?
> > Often enough that a cookie-based "always logged in" system is an
> option?
> >
> > If I'm using a site daily you bet it'd be easier on me if I don't
> have
> > to login every day. Like checking email, or using MSN (or ICQ).
> Do you
> > have it setup to ask for your password every time you use these
> tools?
>
> Unfortunately this kind of defeats the purpose of having the login
> screen in the first place, especially when some users are on shared
>
> computers. I'd love to make sure users could stay logged in
> indefinitely
> or until they close their browser, but I don't know of any
> sure-fire way
> to do this - that's a subject for a whole new thread, though, I
> think :)

Just off the top of my head, if I had a python porgram on a usb
stick, and it had a routine to launch a browser window and login to
all my sites, opening a browser window with each (tabs where
capable), and itself be locked with a master password, that would be
great.

=====
Chris Mahan
818.943.1850 cell