[thelist] css is not loaded with page in Firefox

Matt Tibbits metibbits at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 17 13:18:16 CST 2004

I'm have a bit of a problem where a page loads in Firefox 1.0 but the CSS
does not. The page appears as being unformatted.

The problem seems to be intermittent, as sometimes the page will load just
fine.  I should mention that the entire site loads properly in IE6. Also,
the local copy of the site works fine in Firefox and IE.

On top of all this when I use the web developer toolbar in Firefox to view
the css the correct css page is displayed. After I do this, all pages on the
site work fine.

I know that the path to my css is correct because all pages work in IE.
Since everything works locally but does not work from the web server this
leads me to believe that it could be a problem with the server config, and
that is a problem. It's a long story, but basically the admin is
non-existent for this web server. The server is running Apache 1.3 with
Linux. Whenever I need to configure something I have to telnet to the server
and change what needs to be changed. This is a problem because I am far from
being a linux/apache aficionado.

One thing that I have verified on the server is that the MIME type for
text/css is set to css.

Does anybody have any idea what else could be the problem?  If you want to
check out the site to see if you are getting the same issue then the URL is:
http://rebootnb.dimetech.ca <http://rebootnb.dimetech.ca/>

The css is located at: http://rebootnb.dimetech.ca/stylereboot.css

Any help is much appreciated.

Matt