[thelist] RE: Adobe bashing

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Nov 17 17:32:43 CST 2004

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of M. Seyon
: Sent: Thursday, 18 November 2004 1:23 AM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: Re: [thelist] RE: Adobe bashing
:
: Message from ANDREA STREIGHT (11/17/2004 03:59 AM)
: >Honestly, I don't exactly know why when that little monster Adobe Acrobat
: >starts running, and I click on "Decline", but it won't respond to
: "Decline",
: >and keeps trying to run on my system, I don't know why that happens.
:
: Ah, then that's a perfectly good premise on which to blame Acrobat.
:
:
: >Is it the fault of my IE browser? Maybe. I don't know.
:
: Quite likely, yes.

Whilst I don't agree with extent of Andrea's rant, Acrobat 6 (both the
reader, and the full program) appear to have a number issues related to (a)
speed and (b) stability.

There have been a couple of updates to v6 Gold, that may have addressed some
of these issues, but certainly as Joshua has pointed out, there are issues,
and I think it's causing some frustration on the part of end-users.

Otherwise, overall (like Windows, or Office), it's a great product IMHO. The
tendency of people to label a product as "rubbish" or "completely and utterly
broken" simply because it has a couple of issues, or doesn't work the way you
want it to is unfortunate IMHO.

Cheers
Ken