[thelist] CSS and formatting a multichoice quiz

Timothy Joko-Veltman tim at indigopixel.com
Thu Nov 18 09:51:09 CST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 22:37 +1300, Bruce MacKay wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I'm having trouble working out how to use CSS (instead of tables) to format
> a multichoice quiz.
>
> The basic structure of the quiz is a question followed by four
> alternatives.  The outcome I want is that long alternatives wrapping over
> two lines will start vertically in line (on the second/third line) with the
> first letter of the sentence of the first row eg.
>
> O    laksdfjas alskdfjalsdfkj a lakjsdflajsdf asdf
>       lkjasdflkja sdflkja  asdf
>
> What I'm getting now is as below - the second line wraps to be under the
> radio button
>
> O    alskjdfa lsd alksdfj al;skdjf alkj l;ak sdflkj ;alskjdf
> alksjdflakjs dfa;lks jdf
>

> I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of a solution.

Consider using the <fieldset> tags:

<fieldset>
	<legend>What is your favourite the following colours?</legend>
	<input type="radio" name="colour" value="red" /> Red
	<input type="radio" name="colour" value="blue" /> Blue

--
"The resonable man adapts himself to the world; the unresonable one
depends on the unreasonable man."    --George Bernard Shaw