[thelist] [PHP] Send it as plain html

Tim Burgan email at timburgan.com
Thu Nov 25 19:35:32 CST 2004

M. Seyon wrote:

> The extension part aside, this is exactly what PHP does. The browser
> does think it's receiving html, because it *is* receiving html. All
> the php code is parsed server-side and converted to html.
>
> Why exactly does your extension matter?

I wrote what I wrote in my original post because I was trying to explain
something the best way I could using what I could remember about what I
read.. and some of what I could remember was to do with the extension.

I actually thought I read that the page was a HTML document, and there
PHP code that sent a header to the browser telling it that it's PHP,
instead of using Apache's modules. Maybe I dreamt this.. but I don't
think its possible to do this. Is that right?

--

Tim Burgan.
Website Development & Graphic Design

E <email at timburgan.com>