[thelist] ad help

Mark Kennedy mark at eurogamer.net
Fri Nov 26 08:18:47 CST 2004

Alex,

What help did you need?  I think most of us probably thought you were
being a bit sly and were advertising to us (although I don't presume to
speak for the entire list :-) ).

If you want our opinion on the design of the advert, well I'd say it was
ok, although if I knew what an SEO was, I wouldn't look in the Yellow
Pages, and if I didn't know what an SEO did, I certainly wouldn't be any
the wiser from looking at your advert.  Maybe you should say something
like 'we can do Z and Y in order to help you achieve Z'.  Certainly
don't use the work 'quote' because all that does is remind people that
whatever it is you do, they'll be paying for it.

My 2p anyway.

Mark