[thelist] SiteFirewall Pro [Was: Link Masking]

Perry Wolf ziffgone at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 23 20:49:02 CST 2004

-"I'm finding it really really hard to believe that this 4 file program will
disable screen shots among other things. Supposedly this software costs
$14.95 (for a few annoying JavaScript tricks that will most likely host your
site in a frameset.)"-

Most screen capture programs rely on capturing the image to your Clipboard,
what this SiteFirewalPro will do is periodically test to see if any
clipboard data has been set, then replace it with nothing. (Only works with
IE). Note, to you and your client, most of these softwares that "supposedly"
protect your site, only do so within IE Browsers, there are many of these
product's demo pages that I've visited that are completely unprotected when
viewed in Mozilla, Opera and/or Netscape.

For the most part, they are a waste of money, as you said, they contain
basic Javascript tricks and not much more. At the most, they end up turning
away visitors to your site because "Right-clicking" is disabled, etc. Many
Web Surfers use Right-clicking for navigation and are truly upset when they
come across these sites.

Regards,

Perry Wolf.