[thelist] IE LI UL DOM problem

Andreas Wahlin Andreas.Wahlin at ufl.gu.se
Mon Nov 29 11:18:01 CST 2004

Woho, I managed to cram in lots of acronyms in the subject.
Seriously though, I have list like this

<ul>
<li id="1">text</li>
<ul id="2">
<li>next level</li>
</ul>
<li id="3">first level again</li>
</ul>

Now, opera and FF gladly goes along with considering 1 and 2 as siblings
when traversing the DOM, however, IE does not recognice the ul (id==2)
at all, like it wasn't there. I've tried 1.nextSibling and gotten 3
rather than 2 (hope you follow my non-javascript quicky code here)
Have I just missed the solution to this problem somewhere? Seems like a
major bug IMHO.
Help very much appreciated or I'll have to come up with a nasty solution
of sorts to hack around it.
(and I don't think it's my codes fault, since the page works as it
should in both opera and ff)

Andreas Wahlin
projektanställd UFL, Göteborgs universitet
031-773 5531
Elsa; Elektronisk LärarStudent Administration
http://www.ufl.gu.se/elsa.asp

Omnia Mutantur Nihil Interit