[thelist] JSP Testing Environment in Linux

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:57:01 CST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:08:52 -0500, Warren TC
<warren at digital-crossroads.com> wrote:
> For the first time, I'm setting up a JSP test environment on the Linux
> OS.  I would like to know what my hardware requirements in a Linux
> environment.
>
> The application requires J2SE, Jakarta-struts, MySQL and Tomcat running
> at the same time.
>
> Currently, I have it running in a Windows environment on a standard laptop.
>
> What are my hardware requirements for a Linux environment PC?  Are the
> requirements the same?

They are more or less the same as for a windows based system. It all
depends on the load on the servers. However, you can generally get
away with lower hardware specs if you are running on Linux. But this
is a very general statement.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd