[thelist] "golden ratio" (WAS: 1.61)

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Mon Dec 6 15:01:27 CST 2004

>> Honestly, I think the unnecessary scrolling, especially if it were
>> sideways scrolling, would be extremely annoying and not at all
>> user-friendly. Unless someone else can point out a really worthwhile
>> benefit of your golden-ratio idea, I'd say don't bother.
>>
> so in other words,  vertical presentation is unfixed and horizontal is
> fixed.

Yes, meaning that your golden-ratio idea is not being used. Fixed-width
layouts are quite popular these days, but they have their own pros and
cons (just not as many cons as your golden-ratio layout would have) -
but that's a topic for another discussion altogether.

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com