[thelist] Tips for creating storyboards / mock-ups

Tim Burgan email at timburgan.com
Mon Dec 6 21:52:51 CST 2004

Hello,

Everyone goes about storyboarding and creating (Photoshop) mock-ups in
slightly different ways. I'd like to compile a list of tips and
"secrets" to creating great mock-ups the accurately reflect the look of
the final product.

Please reply to this post with your tip.. and when posting seems to have
finished I will compile the tips into a checklist type format and post
it to this topic for all [thelist] members to easily refer to. Any
category of tip relating to mock-ups is most welcome. For example:
fonts, images, resolution, bit-depth, image size, graphical widgets,
file exporting, etc. ANYTHING.

My Tip:
Create a screenshot of the browser "chrome" at the resolution most
suited to the current project, so you know your design constraints and
your client can visualise the finished product easily.

Thanks

Tim