[thelist] Print problem with Firefox and Mozilla

Brude brudert at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 00:16:06 CST 2004

I've been searching for an explanation/fix for this bug for weeks now.

Web page is displayed here:
http://lib-dev.dcc.uaf.edu/kingsley/library/web/instruction/ls101/introduction/assignments/Get_Acquainted.html

To view the problem use "print preview" in Firefox and/or Mozilla

The problem:
Firefox: Moves the contents in <fieldset> down to next page.  I'm
guessing that FF treats a <fieldset> like an image and tries to fit it
all on one page.  I have no idea how to stop this behavior.  What this
does to printing is inserts a page break where there shouldn't be one.

Mozilla 1.6: Does not display anything from <fieldset> on.  Prints out
one blank page.  If the "scale" property in "print preview" is changed
to "70%" the page acts like the Firefox behavior.  If 'scale' is
changed to '90%' only one blank page is printed.

I need to support both of this browsers so I need to find a solution
to the problem.  I've searched everywhere and cannot get any answers.

I am about to go crazy.  Wont you share in the insanity?

Thank you so much for your help,
-brude
--
A man of low morals will slouch when he pees