[thelist] Advice on video editing

Collin_work collin at strombergarchitectural.com
Tue Dec 7 10:29:52 CST 2004

I second Roberg Gormley's recommendation of Adobe Premiere.

I've done several music videos and use Premiere Pro.  At ~$700 however, it's
a bit expensive for the beginner.  Just like Photoshop though, there is a
lighter version, called Premiere Elements, which you can get for $99.

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiereel/main.html

Todd Richard's advice was spot on also, regarding Windows Movie Maker.
Windows Movie Maker 2, which comes with Windows XP, is a great launching
point for the home video editor.  And at $0 if you run XP you can't beat the
price.

Cheers,

Collin Davis
Web Architect