[thelist] RE: IE acting crazy

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 08:05:37 CST 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:42:10 -0800 (PST), Steven Streight <> wrote:
> If you go to www.arttestexplosion.blogspot.com with
> IE, the second image will be military photo.
>
> If you go there with Foxfire, you'll see the correct
> artwork "idee fixe", abstract image.
>
> This has never happened before. It's been happening
> all day. I finally give up. Have no idea what to do.
>
> How could one browser show the correct image, but
> another browser show a different image?

If it's any consolation, the military image showed up for me not
before, but after I refreshed Firefox, then it went away to the proper
image after another refresh. Doing a hard refresh (Ctrl F5) in IE
brought up the correct pic. Also, when it was a military pic in IE, I
clicked on it and the larger image was the correct one. I know I don't
have that pic in my cache before starting, try changing the filename
to a longer one and see if the new image is served up right away from
the host maybe?

cheers,

             Mark

             MG Web Services
             www.mgwebservices.ca

Your Canadian West Coast web site development and hosting solution.