[thelist] Expanding menu problems.

Christian Heilmann lists at onlinetools.org
Mon Dec 13 02:45:03 CST 2004

Barry F. Dowling wrote:

>Hi all,
>	I have been trying to use the expanding menu script shown on the evolt web
>site. www.onlinetools.org/tools/puredom/example_1.html Can someone please
>tell me how to get rid of the blue background and how to put folder icons to
>the main headings and buttons on the sub headings? Also all the words are
>cramped in the blue background area. Will the words be able to spread out
>properly when the background is changed or do I have to do something else?

Can you please explain what you mean with "appear cramped", preferably
with  a demo URL?

Other than that, pde uses a simple nested list, so your folder icons
should go in the classes that sport the arrows now:

.pde_parent{background:url(plus.gif) 0 50% no-repeat transparent;}
.pde_active{background:url(minus.gif) 0 50% no-repeat transparent;}

The blue background is defined in the  ul#nav selector, just remove the
background setting there.

To have other images in  the sub-menus,  simply define

.pde_parent li , .pde_active li{

background:url(yourimage.gif) 0 50% no-repeat transparent;

}
HTH

Chris