[thelist] css browser differences

Andy Budd andy at message.uk.com
Mon Dec 13 04:07:24 CST 2004

evolt at mccullough-net.com wrote:

> Okay so I have a site that I am doing table-less.  I get the basic
> design and
> set it up. A look perfect in IE 6, and is slightly off on 1 or 2
> elements in
> NS6, NS7, Opera, Firefox and Mozilla.  Mac is a little off in IE 5.
> How can I
> tweak for the other browsers without setting up pages for certain
> browsers.

Well in all honestly, if things are just a little off I probably
wouldn't bother. When designing for the web you have to be prepared to
rest a little control to the quirks of various browsers.

However if you really must get everything looking pixel perfect on
every browser known to man, including completely dead browsers like IE5
Mac then you're probably going to want to employ some hacks (yuk) or
filters.

There are loads of sites kicking around that have lists of
hack/filters. A good starting place would either be the wiki or google.

For an IE Mac specific filter see.

http://tantek.com/CSS/Examples/midpass.html

Andy Budd

http://www.message.uk.com/