SV: [thelist] web Jukebox

Andreas Wahlin Andreas.Wahlin at ufl.gu.se
Wed Dec 15 09:35:14 CST 2004

QuickTime should be able to play mp3 files, which is of course pretty
good compression (ok, all ogg, flac and whatever fantasts can flame me).
The actual playing of the file is dead simple, however I can't pull it
out of my head just now.
For the jukebox itself, I'd imagine just having a list of files and do
some styling with css? You should also be able to use dom/javascript to
play the files.

Andreas

Hi --

Does anyone have info on good ways to do a web jukebox?

I could have sworn that someone had brought this up recently, but I
couldn't find it in the archives....

A client wants a jukebox where users can select one of several songs
and play it.  It should be graphically flexible (e.g. I can make it
look like any number of things...)

The sound files are about three minutes long.  Advice on compression
would be good too.  I'll probably in some form be using Quicktime Pro
to process the files.

Thanks in advance

Steve Rider

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/