SV: [thelist] web Jukebox

Chris Heilmann lists at onlinetools.org
Wed Dec 15 10:09:44 CST 2004

> QuickTime should be able to play mp3 files, which is of course pretty
> good compression (ok, all ogg, flac and whatever fantasts can flame me).
> The actual playing of the file is dead simple, however I can't pull it
> out of my head just now.
> For the jukebox itself, I'd imagine just having a list of files and do
> some styling with css? You should also be able to use dom/javascript to
> play the files.

Yes you could, and you would expect the user to have the plugin.

My personal experience is that when you want to use songs online, use
flash, and save yourself a lot of trouble. You'll need to check for the
plugin once and you can do a lot niftier interfaces, too (drag and drop).
And, yes, you _can_ make it maintainable by using XML files, too.

--
Chris Heilmann
http://icant.co.uk/ | http://www.onlinetools.org/