[thelist] Make Hidden Process Visible

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sat Dec 18 06:33:09 CST 2004

Based on the limited information supplied, I would guess that the problem is
that the user context in which you are invoking notepad.exe is not the
interactive user. Notepad.exe is most likely running under Machine\ASPNET
which isn't the account you are logged on as (which is the desktop etc that
you are seeing).

Now, why would you want to open a CSS file in Notepad is my question...

Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of Arthur Maloney
: Subject: [thelist] Make Hidden Process Visible
:
: I have IIS running on my laptop Windows 2k, .Net v1.1 and typically use
: http://computer_name/../DbModel.aspx
:
: In C#  (CodeBehind Page Class) I am trying to use
:  Process.Start("notepad.exe",@"C:\...\pageLayout.css");
:
: The process starts OK, I can see it with Task Manager but it is not visible
: Normally the external app would run on a remote server, and that behavior
is what
: is wanted.
:
: On my laptop I want it visible, so I can get at and edit it.
:
: Any tips on how to do this ?
:
: Note: I'm like a junkie doing a cold turkey - I am trying to stop using
Windows
: standard application. The code in that mode on my laptop, works fine and
dandy.
:
: No - I don't use notepad as an editor. Just an e.g. for the list