[thelist] ASP FSO problem.

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sun Dec 19 16:38:51 CST 2004

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of Craig
: Subject: [thelist] ASP FSO problem.
:
: I've got the following ASP code to illustrate my problem:
:
: <%
: set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
: set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder("M:\")
:
: for each item in objFolder.subfolders
:  response.write item.size & "<br />"
: next
:
: set objFolder = nothing
: set objFSO = nothing
: %>
:
: All this code does is try and list the folders' size on the M: drive, but
it get's a
: permission denied error on the "item.size" line.  If you change the
GetFolder to
: "M:\Dir" or something with a dir in it, it works fine, just not on the root
level.  I've
: tried giving IUSR_MYMACNAME full permissions on this drive and it still is
denied
: when running the script.
:
: Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem?

Where does M: point to? Is it a drive local to the webserver? Is it a mapped
network drive that points to the local webserver? Is it a mapped network
drive that points to a machine remote to the webserver?

Cheers
Ken