[thelist] ASP FSO problem.

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sun Dec 19 20:17:51 CST 2004

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of cd-ml at aardvark.net.au
: Subject: RE: [thelist] ASP FSO problem.
:
: > What are the permissions on the share that 'M' is mapped to? IUSR isn't
: > part of the everyone group, which can be confusing.
:
: Drive M: is a local drive, not a networked share or anything.
:
: > Does this behave as expected on local drives? How 'bout if you get the
: > item's name rather than size?
:
: Yes, the item.name works but item.size get's permission denied. I don't
: know why ?:)
:
: Drive M: (which is a local HD) will give me a permission denied, however
: if I set it to the CD-ROM drive or my USB Key it works. It must be a
: permission issue somewhere.

I suppose you next need to check the effective permissions on those files.

Right-click on a file -> properties -> security -> advanced -> effective
permissions -> add IUSR_Machinename

Cheers
Ken