[thelist] jump menu form question(s)

Caleb Mazalevskis webmaster at cmaza.net
Mon Dec 20 09:08:25 CST 2004

Hi Bruce.

You can force an option to be selected by default simply by adding a
selected="selected" into your option field.
In this case, you will want to add this to your option with the value
"menu name".

Off the top of my head without looking at any code or references, I can
think of three likely reasons why your menu is going up rather than down.

1. Have you enabled multiple select? This may change the way the menu is
displayed.
2. Do you have any CSS targetted at your menu? If so, check that you
haven't specified the menu to rise upwards rather than drop downwards.
3. Where abouts it the menu positioned on the screen?

Number three is the most likely reason, as browsers will change the
direction a menu drops if the default direction conflicts with screen
resolution borders.

If these three things don't help, feel free to drop your code down the
line. :)

-Caleb.