[thelist] Site Check - Schoolhouse Arts Center

Brooking, John John.Brooking at sappi.com
Tue Dec 21 07:52:45 CST 2004

Or, rather, page check. I'm redesigning a site I maintain, and have a
sample page at http://www.schoolhousearts.org/newsite/sample.html.
Comments on both design and coding would be welcome. I just successfully
passed it through the W3C HTML and CSS validators last night. Layout is
tableless. Browsercam reveals no serious flaws above Netscape 4.x and IE
5.2, which I've decided not to care about. A few caveats:

*	The building picture is not finalized yet, and the one that is
there now is lower quality than it will ultimately be. An artist and
graphic designer that I know came up with the concept, but I think she
doesn't feel it's quite finished yet.
*	The top-level buttons (Home, Events, ...) don't reach all the
way across the screen in most browsers. This is because when I set them
to 25% width each, IE tends to push the last one onto the next line at
certain widths (not just narrow ones). So I made them 25.9%, which means
they end too soon in most browsers. Any advice on that problem is
appreciated. They are each a div floated left inside a containing div.
*	I've noticed that the building picture is not completely flush
left in all browsers, most notably IE 5.5 Windows. There is a gap of a
few pixels to the left of the trees. Haven't figured this one out yet
either.

- John
--

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy / delete the message. Neither the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its subsidiaries and associated companies) shall incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly from accessing any of the attached files which may contain a virus or the like.