[thelist] CSS: Don't understand how floats are supposed to work.

Rosalie Sennett rsennett at brainlink.com
Tue Dec 21 18:22:25 CST 2004

Pull out all the clear: both; from your code and the only thing that happens
is that your calendar floats right.

What I did... is I created three classes... one with green border and
background, one with hot pink border and background and one with orange
border and background.

Then I started applying it to each div to see what was really where.

What I found, is that in foxfire and netscape, your table extends past the
boundries of the Content container... which ends right at the bottom of
where your footer is in the mid point of the page.

IE seems to understand your intentions and get that the table has substance
and should push everything below it down.

I'm honestly not sure what's going on there...

But that is what is happening... forget the float and clear. That is a red
herring.

rose

c:/dos
c:/dos/run