[thelist] Copyright breach - advice please

Help Center Live - Mike mike at helpcenterlive.com
Fri Dec 31 14:02:06 CST 2004

Ahh.. I don't believe this, someone has informed me of someone else
claiming my software as their own. Thats two cases in a week.

http://www.markettalker.com

Ok they have re-branded it, that complies with the GPL license but the
copyright has changed (design copyright as it is outputted) even though
the design has not completely changed. Also they are charging a fee for
it.. they could claim it is a fee for the resources used to download
the file which I think complies with the GPL but  €25?! thats a bit
excessive for 200kb of space and bandwidth.
If they are hosting it and charging that fee for usage then not
providing the source for download anywhere then that is against the
GPL.. I could not find a download link anywhere.

I have not paid the €25 to download something I coded so I will not
know if they have changed the copyright in the source files.

These kind of people are really starting to annoy me now. Apart from
emailing them there is not much i can do which I find most annoying.
Yes I could consult a lawyer but my pockets are not that deep.

I would most like to know what their website says. I ran it though
google on french and spanish but it didn't change.

Mike