[thelist] Freelancer Accounting Software

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 05:13:37 CST 2005

At 10:43 on Sunday, 09 Jan 2005,  wrote:

>>> What do the other freelancers on the list
>>> use?
>
> I love Quicken but it doesn't support invoicing (but for the few I use
> I just open an account for each client and raise invoices manually).
> I've recently moved to Linux and I'm looking forward to playing with
> GnuCash which is like Quicken but with invoice support, I hear. It's
> free too. QuickBooks looked very complicated when I saw it recently.

My version of Quicken (Quicken 2000 deluxe) has support for Customer
invoices. (and I'm running it on WinXP)

I've been using Quicken for many years.  I never upgraded to later
versions, because they didn't seem to offer much extra for the extra money.

you can still buy older versions of Quicken from Amazon.

hth

;o)