[thelist] nameserver question

Alex Beston alex at deltatraffic.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 10:11:43 CST 2005

hiya e-Volt!

Hope everyone had a good break.

Ok this question concerns nameservers for websites.

I got someone to transfer their site to mine hosting but they forgot
(apparently) to add the numbers that go with the name of the nameserver.

So on the reg details you just see (for example):

serveit.nameserver1.co.uk

serveit.nameserver2.co.uk

but no:

212.52.78.1
212.52.78.2

Will I have to get back to my client and ask him to talk again to his
past host to get the ip numbers added?

What I dont understand is how the past host could have just added those
without asking the most important detail - ie the ip number

Could someone with more experience in this sort of matter help me on
this tricky question?

rgds
Alex

--