[thelist] Re: video on the web, how?

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Jan 11 15:58:01 CST 2005

Message from john at johnallsopp.co.uk (1/11/2005 05:37 PM)
> >>I'm kinda hoping that there's a video format out there (Mpeg4?) that
> >>QT, RP, and WMP all play.
> >
> > I would take a look at how the major news providers like CNN,
> > MSNBC(?),
> > FoxNews(?) do it. (CNN is the only one *I* actually know offers video
> > footage.)
>
>I'll regret saying this, but I'm going to say it anyway. They say the
>porn industry leads the way in finding effective uses for technology
>on the web. They must publish shedloads of video. I'd look there too.

And the pirated movie market. Both use mpeg and various flavours of avi
extensively. It can be quite hard to track down the right codec for avi
actually.

There's one difference though. A guy would probably be a heck of a lot more
willing and determined to get that porn video open than the one with an
interview with some CEO.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/