[thelist] Search contents of documents on a mounted drive

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Thu Jan 13 07:50:18 CST 2005

Hi Shaun;

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:41:43 +0200
Shaun Clements <ShaunC at relyant.co.za> wrote:

> I am tasked with finding a (preferrably free) content search engine
> which works on a linux webserver, and can access a windows drive
> (mapped in linux) and scan the contents of the documents in the drive,
> and return the results in a webpage.

Don't know if I correctly get the point about what you're intending to
do; anyhow, I'd go for a way like that:

- Mount the Windows drives on the linux box using something like
  smbmount and then

- Use a Linux based software to run across the mounted Windows
  shares to see what is there.

This should work out well, at least I am having some of our
Windows-served content available via HTTP in our intranet here...

Cheers,
Kris

--
"man ist nicht nur verantwortlich für das, was man tut,
 sondern auch für das, was man nicht tut." (lao-tse)