[thelist] Tomcat connectors redirecting port 8443 to 8080

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Jan 14 13:53:12 CST 2005

John Walker wrote:
> Is it possible to redirect an HTTPS request on port 8443 to a non-secure
> HTTP 8080 port?

> Anyone know if this can be done??

I don't *know*, but...

You don't say what version of Tomcat you're running, but I don't
think the Connector attributes have changed much.

Still, it seems like the problem is that the browser is initiating
the attempt to connect with an SSL handshake; if the server doesn't
respond appropriately, I would expect some kind of error/warning.

In any case, you can change the Connector's scheme attribute from
"https" to "http" and secure from "true" to "false" and remove the
keystoreFile and sslProtocol attributes and see what happens :-)

Good luck,
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.