[thelist] RE: trusted computer book publishers

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Jan 18 15:57:07 CST 2005

Message from Tanner Burson (1/18/2005 05:38 PM)
>I have a stack of varias O'Reilly books on my desk at any given time.
>I've also got a subscription to their web based book service as well.

Another vote for O'Reilly here. Definitely my #1 publisher for tech books.

Aside from there usual very high quality content, I think their clean,
elegantly designed animal covers are very distinctive and certainly make
the books stand out on a shelf.

Not a fan of McGraw Hill personally. There books always seem extremely
high-priced, at least the ones I've checked out on Amazon, and I have some
suspicions about their business practices that I'd rather not elaborate on
in a public forum.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/