[thelist] Inserting dates and booleans into MS Access

Michele Foster (WizarDev) michele at wizardev.ca
Wed Jan 19 06:34:59 CST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Burgan" <email at timburgan.com>

> Using mkdate() I also tried:
> "INSERT INTO tblStudents (name, username, password, expiry, permissions,
> website, displayUser) VALUES ('Joe
> Blow','joe','jblow345','1106061805','student','true','true');

Hi Tim,

For the booleans, remove the quotes when inserting into the database.

Same problem with the date, but I'm not 100% sure on how to do it in PHP.
In ASP, I surround the date value with # # instead of the quotes.

In your sample above, is that the result of using the mkdate function, or
just random numbers?

HTH,

Michele