[thelist] Inserting dates and booleans into MS Access

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed Jan 19 06:37:54 CST 2005

[snip]
In my website, I'm trying to insert new rows into my table where the
column data setup within MS Access is:
  text, text, text, date, text, boolean (true/false), boolean
(true/false).

I get 'data type mismatch' errors, regarding trying to enter data in the

DATE and BOOLEAN columns.

My dates from the form are in the format of: '20 Jan 2005'
Any my checkbox's naturally return true or false.
[/snip]

What is the date format that Access (you can look in the table design
screen of Access) is expecting? And on the checkboxes, have you echo'ed
out what they return to the screen so that you can see it? Have you
echo'ed your query to the screen so that you can see it?