[thelist] SQL: Like 'S%', but not like '%safety%'

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Jan 19 10:53:24 CST 2005

...and ((o.PONumber like 'C%'  OR o.PONumber like 'S%') and (o.PONumber NOT
LIKE '%safety%' OR o.PONumber  NOT LIKE '%saftey%')) ORDER BY ...

/\/\/\/\/\

Ah hah. That was kinda what I was looking for, but still returned all the
results. After thinking about what you were suggesting, I modified it to be:

... and ((o.PONumber like 'C%'  OR o.PONumber like 'S%') and (o.PONumber <>
'safety stock' AND  o.PONumber  <> 'saftey stock' AND o.PONumber <> 'SAFETY
STOCK' AND o.PONumber <> 'SAFETY STOCK' AND o.PONumber <> 'SAFTY STOCK' AND
o.PONumber <> 'STOCK' AND o.PONumber <> 'stock shipped')) ORDER BY ...

I found that that the like was inclusive of everything still showed up. I
had to search and weed out the 'exact' matches of what I didn't want as
strings without wildcards. The AND also helped.

Thanks again,

Rob