[thelist] Simple string comparison -- plz help

Brian Delaney brian.delaney at mccmh.net
Wed Jan 19 14:36:02 CST 2005

I am pulling a field from sql that contains a Y or  a N value.

In my asp code I do the following:

vAnswer = rsStuff("YorN")

if vAnswer = "Y" Then
     do something
else
     do something else
end if

It never hits a match and always falls to the else. I am sure since I am
a newbie it has to do with string or char conversion.

 In sql YorN  is defined as a char, 10 allow NULL. There is either a N
or Y in the field.

thanks

BD

*
*
*
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.