[thelist] Inserting dates and booleans into MS Access

Tim Burgan email at timburgan.com
Wed Jan 19 16:00:38 CST 2005

Hello,

    Jay Blanchard wrote:

>     This returns boolean values, not strings

I am passing boolean values and not strings. I also have a check for
this using the gettype() function - which says I'm using booleans.

I think the problem is that when a boolean in printed to screen, it
prints 1 instead of true and 0 instead of false.

So in my SQL where I have to wrap each value in single quotes, it thinks
I'm passing the string '1', and not a boolean. I assume this would also
be a problem when wanting to pass a number and not a string too.

Tim