[thelist] Fan of Hardware

Dan McCullough dan.mccullough at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 07:17:28 CST 2005

Install the fan!  Sounds like a box fan he sent, you should install
it.  What can happen, and this is from experience, is when a CPU
overheats you start having issues with files and programs acting as if
they are currupted.  But it sounds like the guy didnt run a burn-in,
which is where you leave the machine running for 24-48 hours.  As for
stress testing, there should be some software out there that will
allow you to do that.