[SPAM] [thelist] Embedding Quicktime and AVI with xhtml code that validates

Dave dave at tokyocomedy.com
Fri Jan 21 10:11:00 CST 2005

Rosalie,
    Thanks for the advice. However, I think you may have missed the
essential point of my posting. It's not that I can't place my video
files on the web, it's that I can't seem to place them *and* make them
validate as XHTML using the W3C validator.
    I was hoping to be directed to a resource, similar to the one I
cited, that would help me get the video on my web page with the display
settings I hope for, and be fully standards compliant. From what I've
read, the <embed> tag is not compliant with XHTML. But in the case of
the Windows media file, it does not consistently display correctly if
one uses the <object> tag.
    If someone could help me create standards compliant video embedding,
I would be very grateful.
    Thanks.

--
Dave Gutteridge