[thelist] Organising client files

Tim Burgan email at timburgan.com
Fri Jan 21 20:41:37 CST 2005

Hello,

How do you go about organising client files on your local computer.

I have apache installed, where the htdocs directory is nested in an
annoying spot, so when I'm working on a clients site, I have all there
site files in a subdirectory of the htdocs.. then I have all their other
documents.. such as supplied graphics/images, paper work, etc all in a
subdirectory in my My Documents folder.

It all get's quite messy. Then when the job's finished.. I usually leave
the site withing the htdocs folder for future reference.

How do you do it to 'keep things together', not make mistakes - how do
you organise your clients?

Thanks for the help.

Tim