[thelist] Pass querystring to server side include

Scott Schrantz scotts at rci-nv.com
Sat Jan 22 14:43:08 CST 2005

> > > Long story. In short, user wants .htm extensions & the
> > > server guys are not wanting to set things up so that
> > > .htm files are parsed for php.

> > can you put up an .htaccess file? you can put that
> > directive in there.

> Sorry to belabor this, but I don't know much about
> configuring an htaccess file. Could you let me know what
> sort of directive would be required, and I will research from there.

Personally, I'd tell the server guys to go stuff it. They work for you,
not the other way around. And I'm saying this as a server guy myself.
But .htaccess would be the more tactful solution.

Create a text file named .htaccess in the root of your site, and put
this line somewhere in it.

AddType application/x-httpd-php .htm .html

This directs the server to run .htm files on your site through the PHP
parser. That is, assuming the server guys haven't locked down Apache to
disallow that kind of thing.

--
Scott Schrantz
work: www.rci-nv.com