[thelist] [SQL] INSERT INTO syntax

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Jan 24 20:35:57 CST 2005

Hi,

Please post *exact* error messages. That makes it much easier to research and
issue and avoids a lot of well intentioned guessing about what be possible
causes.

That said, if you are getting an 80040e14 (Syntax error in INSERT INTO) then
you should look here:
www.adopenstatic.com/faq/80040e14.asp

A list of reserved words can be found here:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=248738

Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of Tim Burgan
: Sent: Monday, 24 January 2005 10:19 PM
: To: [thelist] thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: [thelist] [SQL] INSERT INTO syntax
:
: Hello,
:
: I've really clogged everyone email box the last for days with my mass of
: post for help. Sorry about that and thanks for all your help.
:
:
: I'm getting this syntax error regarding my INSERT INTO SQL statement:
:
: Warning: (null)(): Invoke() failed: Exception occurred. Source:
: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Description: [Microsoft][ODBC
: Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. in
: C:\www\xampp\htdocs\YWAM\site\02_templates\rebuild\inc\admin_countdown_cre
: ate.php122
:
:
: I really must be missing something really small. My SQL is:
:
:    INSERT INTO tblCountdown (event, date)
:    VALUES ('eventName', '2/05/2007');
:
:
: If I exclude the date field, everything works fine. When I include it
: again.. errors. The database is Access.
:
: The data-type format of the field within Access is short date (eg.
: 2/05/2007).
:
:
: Where is my syntax error?