[thelist] Reset Button

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Tue Jan 25 19:58:43 CST 2005

From: Rob Smith
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 11:58:02 PM

> Of all the Web Programming tools at our disposal can anyone give me
> logical and practical reason why we would place the reset button on
forms?
> Why would anyone blatantly delete everything they just typed in.

That was my opinion too until reading this thread, I never thought
about the non-blank form. Thanks.

Therefore in this case, the reset button should be at the top (labelled
with an explanation saying "if you want to get the form back to how it
was before you started changing it click here") and not at the bottom
next the submit button where the user can easily click it by mistake
instead of the submit button.

cheers

--
Dr Stuart Young,       	+64 (0)9-815 4321 x 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz> 	+64 021 183 2846 (mob)