[thelist] Simulating Folders that Don't Exist

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Jan 26 08:44:15 CST 2005

>404-page (404=Page not found) that redirects the visitor to the
>appropriate page?

No... I was leaning more towards grabbing the url on the default.asp page,
splitting the Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_HOST") and do something like:

Dim site
site = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_HOST")

if "ABC" = site(uBound(site)) then
	response.redirect "ABC.asp"
end if

But IIS is stopping that before the visitor even gets to this page and goes
and looks for a folder ABC that doesn't exist.

I'd like to use Apache URL rewrite, but I'm on IIS.

Rob