[thelist] encouraging the replacement of Netscape 4

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:35:04 CST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:50:56 -0400, Sarah Sweeney
<mr.sanders at designshift.com> wrote:
> In the interests of making the "upgrade" as feasible as possible for
> users with older computers (who may not have upgraded due to the
> limitations of their computer), are there any other browsers I could
> recommend that have very basic hardware requirements (and preferably a
> small download)? I was thinking of K-Meleon, but the SourceForge
> download page is not very user-friendly. Any ideas or suggestions?

Firefox
 - it is the easiest browser for any person to use and especially to
install. You double click the installer and it imports all your
bookmarks, cookies, passwords from IE, sets the homepage to what it
was in IE and then just works. Installing plugins is easier then in
IE, it is more secure and it is only about 4.7 megs to download.

chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd