[thelist] Using JavaScript for non-clickable email addresses

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Thu Jan 27 09:57:42 CST 2005

> I just pondered a bit about that and wondered what you thing of that idea:
>
> Link to a contact.php page with an id

> The PHP page then checks the referrer and IP and gets the email from a
> database or other mean of storage and sends back a mailto: header:
>
> <?PHP
> /*
>   insert referrer testing and DB voodoo here
> */
> header('Location:mailto:'.$email);
> ?>
>
> Wouldn't that be a quite safe solution?

This is an interesting idea, and sounds workable to me - but I'm
guessing that since I've never heard of it before, maybe that means
there's a good reason it won't work as intended so it's already been
discarded as a workable solution. Does anyone know if this would work?

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com