[thelist] RE: common key to good sites

Robert Vreeland vreeland at studioframework.com
Thu Jan 27 15:14:29 CST 2005

In one sentence:
Extends and reflects the organization.

In more detail I would consider a site successful when it fulfills the goals
of the site, as determined before graphics or layouts are done, - the why it
is being done? For example, to provide 24 / 7 customer service without
having to add additional staff. Or increase sales of widget b, etc.. Part of
the goal setting is defining the target audience both in demographics and
technology - women 40 + living in the Midwest using IE 5.0 + and net savvy
would probably look a good deal different then a target audience of 20 +
males using safari on the Mac.

Robert Vreeland
Managing Partner
StudioFramework