[thelist] Apache server not working for outside connections

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Jan 27 16:43:13 CST 2005

At 02:06 PM 1/27/2005, Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) wrote:
>I installed Apache/PHP and MySQL on my Windows XP machine to learn and
>test PHP sites and Mambo CMS.
>I have everything running fine here and I can test and run PHP scripts
>just fine but when I try to show the sites to other people they just can't
>connect to my server.....
>Is there anything I am missing in the configuration to allow for http
>access from outside?

Are you running a personal fire wall? Are you running behind a NAT enabled
device like a LinkSys DSL router?

Can you explain your home setup?

If you have a fire wall you'll need to allow remote machine access to port
80. With a LinkSys you'll need to port forward port 80 to your PC. You
might need to do both.

--
Anthony Baratta

"I used to think the brain was the most
  important part of my body, until I realized
  what was telling me that." - Emo Phillips