[thelist] HTTP Request

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Jan 27 16:53:25 CST 2005

How is the data coming to you? If it's a POST then Request.Form() will give
you the entire set of POSTed data

Or do you want all the HTTP headers as well?

Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of Chris.Marsh at Callserve.com
: Sent: Friday, 28 January 2005 6:53 AM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: RE: [thelist] HTTP Request
:
: James
:
: More info:
:
: > > been loading. The following snippet illustrates what I'm doing:
: > >
: > > Set xmldoc = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument")
: > >
: > > xmldoc.resolveExternals = False
: > > xmldoc.validateOnParse = False
: > > xmldoc.Async = False
: > > xmldoc.setProperty "ServerHTTPRequest", True
: > >
: > > bXMLLoaded = xmldoc.load(Request)
: > >
: > Ok, that looks a tad suspect to me. Does it *ever* work? I
: > would think
:
: Not only does this work, but the same syntax is used in other files and
: works fine there. The MSDN link you posted documents no other means to use
: the Load method than with an URL as far as I can see. Also, I've now become
: sidetracked from the initial task which is to recoord the (presumably)
: malformed XML that forms the body of the HTTP request. I was wondering
about
: something along the following lines, but I think I'm going to go home now
: and try it tomorrow morning. In the meanwhile, any comments are welcome :)
:
: Set oFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
:
: Set oFile = oFSO.CreateTextFile(Server.MapPath("temp.txt"), True)
:
: binRequest = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)
:
: For i = 0 To LenB(binRequest)
:
: 	oFile.Write(MidB(binRequest, i, 1))