[thelist] RE: common key to good sites

Steven Streight vaspersthegrate at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 02:34:12 CST 2005

Maxmillian VS provided a concern I never really
thought of before: a web or blog site could satisfy
users needs, but fail to accomplish site owner's
goals, be too time-consuming to maintain, not be
profitable, etc.

I was more familiar with sites being satisfactory
(seemingly) to site owners (it has everything we want
it to have) but not satisfy users, not be usable, not
be visually pleasing to see and interact with, etc.

I love how each comment from this list builds on
comments that came before and help refine and clarify.

I thought hard about Content, then Relevant Content,
then Rich Relevant Rare Reliable Content...

...then wrote a little article on the 14 "R"s of Web
Content on my Vaspers blog, it may amuse you:

http://vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com/2005/01/characteristics-of-web-site-content.html

=====
Steven Streight
Web Usability Analyst & Content Writer