[thelist] RE: common key to good sites

D.B.Smith at soton.ac.uk D.B.Smith at soton.ac.uk
Sat Jan 29 03:39:47 CST 2005

Quoting Steven Streight <vaspersthegrate at yahoo.com>:

> Imagine a prospective client, testing your expertise,
> says suddenly to you: "Okay, Mr. Hotshot Web Dude, if
> you want my business, answer this question: in your
> allegedly expert opinion, if you know so much, what
> one key ingredient do all successful web sites or blog
> sites have in common?"

Hi Steven,

I was going to agree with you wholeheartedly and got half way through my
reply before I realised that I do in fact believe that there is a key
ingredient to all web sites (and maybe blogs too): forethought.

It's usually pretty easy to recognise a site that has been put together
without any thought, and I think you'll find that good web sites have
forethought in spades.  People don't plan to fail, they just fail to plan.

OK, shoot me down...  ;-)

Cheers,
Dan